About GreaterGood Stores
CharityUSA owns and operates GreaterGood stores, where every purchase gives back to a worthy cause, at no extra cost to you! A portion of the purchase price of each item you buy goes to your choice of these important causes:
- The Animal Rescue Site funds food and care for rescued animals in shelters and sanctuaries.
- The Hunger Site funds food for the world's hungry and food insecure.
- The Breast Cancer Site funds mammograms and care for women in need.
- The Veterans Site funds meals for homeless and hungry veterans and their families.
- The Autism Site funds research and therapy for children on the autism spectrum.
- The Alzheimer's Site funds promising research into the disease.
- The Diabetes Site funds leading-edge diabetes research.
- The Literacy Site funds new books for children in need.
- The Earth Site funds tree planting that sequesters carbon and provides wildlife habitat.
- The Rainforest Site funds preservation of endangered rainforest habitat.
CharityUSA is a company with a mission: To help our customers heal the world. To date we have given more than $50 million to charities worldwide.
Our reputation is built on our record of generosity and good works.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' expectations and treat both suppliers and customers with respect at all times.
CharityUSA prefers to sell products with meaning, products which help improve the world by their use or manufacture. We give preference to products made in a sustainable fashion and connected to the issues we work on, which include hunger and poverty relief, breast cancer prevention, child health, literacy, wilderness preservation, animal rescue, and peace. We believe that providing markets for fairly traded products made by marginalized people (especially rural women artisans) is the best way to reduce intergenerational poverty. We believe that wonderful products with meaning are found world-wide and want to sell items from every country and region in order to promote mutual respect and understanding between all people.
CharityUSA's business principles prevent us from purchasing products made by child labor, or produced in unsafe or coercive work environments. We will not purchase products where the persons involved in the production were not paid a fair market wage. We will not buy products that harm people or animals in their use or manufacture. We will not buy products tested on animals, or sourced from wild or endangered animals, or where animals were treated inhumanely during manufacture. We will not purchase jewelry or other items with hazardous toxic material content, and will test all incoming orders for lead so we can completely comply with all regulations. We will not purchase imitations of copyrighted designs where the copyright holder has not been paid a royalty. We reserve the right to test for these standards, and if necessary, reject and return orders or items because a product doesn't conform to our business principles.
GreaterGood.org is an independent charitable organization devoted to addressing the health and well-being of people (particularly women and children), animals, and the planet. GreaterGood.org distributes funds generated through the GreaterGood websites to the many charitable organizations responsible for implementing programs named on these sites. 100% of the funds generated through the GreaterGood pass through GreaterGood.org to our partner charities. GreaterGood.org has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of its funds. All expenditures made are consistent with the exempt purposes of GreaterGood.org.